We invite all young researchers (undergraduate, masters, doctorate) who are currently enrolled at a university or have just graduated in 2021 to share your work with us and the whole GeoMundus community!
Please follow the paper template you can find below when preparing your short paper submission. Potential topics along with applications of Geospatial Technologies include, but are not limited to:
- Environmental Management
- GIS Software Engineering
- Geographic Information Science
- Geospatial Databases
- Geospatial Data Mining
- Landscape Ecology
- Location Based Services
- Remote Sensing Applications
- Spatial Cognition
- Spatial Data Science
- Unmanned Aerial Systems
The best paper award for the short paper submissions in 2021 were provided to the following students:
- Jhon Eric Aunta Duarte (NOVA University of Lisbon) for the paper Change Detection Analysis Using Radar Images in the Quito River, Colombia.
- Nianhua Liu (Palacký University Olomouc) for the paper The overview, outcome, and outlook of GIS-based football visualization.
- Safianou Ousmanou (University of Dschang) for the paper Hydrothermal mineral mapping using Landsat 7 ETM+ Bands and GIS techniques in Banyo, Adamawa-Cameroon.
As the conference will be hybrid, travel grants will NOT be given for paper submissions. Considering this, the authors of the 3 best paper submissions will receive prizes in the form of €200 gift cards. To be able to be eligible for an award, you must be enrolled at a university as a student, graduated or enrolling in 2021 (undergraduate, masters and doctorate).
Applicants must check to see if their gift cards are available for use in their respective locations. The organizers of 2021 Geomundus Conference will not be responsible for unredeemed gift cards and grants cannot be reimbursed in cash.